Monday morning musings

This beautiful cover of evergreen song dil kehta hai by kumar sanu brought a number of thoughts.
Here are they before i forget them or change my mind to not post them altogether.

My earliest memory of songs goes back to when  i was no older than 7.
my uncle was fond of songs and so was my fufi. I owe  my gratitude to them for introducing me to quite a significant portion of types of song that i listen. Or rather i would say those songs were the very first that i heard. Those typical 90s romatic songs. Those alka yagnik songs.

" Dil Humko Kabhi Samjhaata Hai
Hum Dil Ko Kabhi Samjhaate Hai "

" Ke kitni mohabbat hai tumse?
   Zara paas aake to dekho
   Kya aag hai dhadkanon mein?
   Gale se laga ke to dekho
    .....
    .....
   Kitna bechain hoke tumse mila
   Kitna bechain hoke "

" Tum Par Mere Pyaar Ka Jaadu Pehle To Nahin Tha
   Dil Jaisa Hai Beqaabu Pehle To Nahin Tha
  Pehle To Nahin Hoti Thi Yoon Yaar Ki Baatein
  Hairaan Hoon Main Sunkar Sarkaar Ki Baatein  "

God! How can not one fall in love with these eardrops of happiness?

At any instant i can tell what i am still to listen.
Whatever be my mood, my feelings anything. I always have a feeling that i have to listen alot more of this particular type of songs, irrespective of the type.

To keep track of what i like and what i already have heard, i started maintaing extensive playlists on youtube, gaana etc.

This creates a problem.
The number of songs i have heard and liked at any instance is not going to fall, whereas the potential songs that i might like is also growing. (Simple networking effect)

The task of managing in itself is dauting. Let alone actually be able to reap the benefit (if any) of this Ordeal. There might be solution(s) to this but that requires  understanding and changing the fundamental.

One such understanding is as follows.
The purpose of songs to me is for the value they provide. The need for tracking and finding similar songs is not an end. This certainly helps but they are not the objective. At times some songs are in two playlist and at  times two different playlist are equal contender for a song. Wherever they are filed, apart from logistic issues it makes no difference. A certain sort of organisation is better than no organisation at all but that should not be a tiresome job.

I am going to post this song which out of nowhere came to my mind.

Comments